There is no better time to be in advertising
We are now living in exciting times.
The advertising industry is undergoing rapid change. New media are being created every day that have totally changed how brands communicate and engage with consumers. Structurally, the industry is being taken apart and reinvented everyday and new job functions are being created as we speak.
This brings many opportunities – to create breakthrough, never-seen-before work and for people to create entirely new careers for themselves. In this brave new world, those who are fearless, bright and passionate will have the opportunity to make their marks.
These opportunities are open not only to advertising and mass communication students. The advertising industry also provides great career opportunities for students of Business & Marketing, Multimedia, IT, Psychology, Social Science, Economics, History, Accounting and even those who are graduating in Engineering or Law. Anyone who has bold ideas will find a place in today’s dynamic industry.
If you’re looking for adventure, constant challenge and a life less ordinary, we invite you to consider a career in advertising. It is an intensely rewarding career, both financially and in terms of career satisfaction. How far and fast you climb, will depend entirely on your talent, merit and drive.
We are offering 12 of this year’s best and brightest students the opportunity to fast track their careers in advertising. If you have exceptional passion, determination, courage and creativity, we welcome your applications.
We look forward to seeing the dent you’ll be making in our universe.
President, Association of Accredited Advertising Agents
President, Media Specialists Association
Khoo Kar Khoon
President, Malaysian Advertisers Association
Here are the important dates for the programme. Make sure you note these do wn on your calendar.
Application deadline : 31 July 2012 (Now Extended!)
Interviews : 6 – 31 July 2012
The journey begins : 14 August 2012 – Training begins at 95%
Report to your Sponsoring Agency : 1 September 2012
The journey ends : 30 November 2012. If you meet (or surpass) expectations, the sponsoring agency has the first option to hire you at a salary that matches your ability.
If you’ve always wanted the opportunity to do something that you can be proud of, there’s a great chance that you’ll find it in advertising. Your creativity is valued, your ideas are celebrated. Best of all your hard work will be seen by millions of people.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good Luck!
Who qualifies for the programme?
As we are only taking in 12 Fellows, we are looking for the most promising stars. We welcome applications from graduates who are:
- Degree holders with at least a 2nd Upper or 3.3 CGPA* in any discipline, advertising as well as non-advertising related.
- Creative thinkers who have passion and an eye for extraordinary ideas.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Good at problem-solvers.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Strong in Extra-curricular activities.
*Exceptions may be made for graduates who are exceptionally talented, articulate and savvy.
If you are all of the above, and maybe more, we welcome your application.
How to Apply
The industry has a lot of positions to fill:
We are looking for Marketing Executives, Media Executives, Copywriters, Account Executives, Strategic Planning Executives, Designers and Programmers / Creative Technologists. Here’s how you apply:
- (i) Submit your CV and/or portfolio, (ii) the position that you’re interested in and an essay titled (iii) ‘Why I want to be in advertising’ to 95% The Advertising Academy.
- Email your application to email@example.com.
- If you impress us, you will be asked to attend an interview with 95%. At this interview, you will be asked to do several tests on-the-spot.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be required to pay a deposit of RM3,000. This will go towards your training fee if you are accepted by a sponsoring agency.
Next, you will be interviewed by the sponsoring Agency.
- If the Agency is impressed and decides to accept you, you are in the Graduate Fellowship Programme.
- If you are turned down by 3 different agencies, we’ll take this as an indication that you’re not yet ready for this programme. At this point, the RM3,000 deposit will be refunded in full to you.